Join Youth Advisory Board
The Youth Advisory Board is not accepting applications at this time.
The Memories for Kids Youth Advisory Board is a group of high school students from across the Omaha community who have the desire to help us create and implement amazing memories for children who have a parent with Stage IV cancer. The students will learn how a board functions by electing officers, creating agendas and running meetings using Roberts Rules of Order. They will be challenged to create and implement their own fundraiser for Memories for Kids. Our Youth Advisory Board is also responsible for a wide variety of duties including assisting with mailings and other daily activities. The board will meet the first Wednesday of every month at 7:00 p.m.
The Youth Advisory Board has the following requirements:
- New board members agree to serve a two-year term. Board members in good standing may continue for a one-year term, not to exceed four total years.
- This Board will meet the first Wednesday of the every month at 7 p.m. Members are required to attend a minimum of six (6) board meeting a year.
- Members are asked to RSVP to each meeting. Any member with two (2) unexcused absences will be removed.
- Members are required to work on fundraisers and projects. Members are required to buy a ticket to Youth Advisory Board Fundraising events, in addition to volunteering at the event.
- Members are required to pay dues of $25 per year, due in August.
-If this poses a financial burden, please contact the Executive Director, Jennifer Peterson email@example.com
Youth Advisory Board Application
Memories For Kids is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit memory granting organization for children who have a parent with Stage IV cancer. We review each Youth Advisory Board Member application and chose candidates who best align with our goals and mission.
- You must be a student currently enrolled in high school in the Omaha Metro area.
- You must be entering your Freshman, Sophomore or Junior year for the 2020-21 school year.
- You must be in good standing at your school and maintain at least a 2.5 GPA.
- You must have a personal reference. May be a family friend, employer, etc. No family members. Reference Form
- You must have a reference from teacher or counselor at your current school. Reference Form