Join Youth Advisory Board
APPLICATIONS AND REFERENCE FORMS ARE NO LONGER ACCEPTED FOR THE 2018 YOUTH ADVISORY BOARD.
All application and reference forms are due no later than May 1, 2018.
Applications and reference forms will not be accepted after May 1, 2018. Applicants will be notified when their application and reference forms are received. Applicants are responsible for making sure references are submitted by the deadline.
Applications are below and reference forms can be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org or mailed to P.O. Box 540216, Omaha, NE 68154-0216.
The Memories for Kids Youth Advisory Board is a group of high school students from across the Omaha community who have the desire to help us create and implement amazing memories for children who have a parent with Stage IV cancer. The students will learn how a board functions by electing officers, creating agendas and running meetings using Roberts Rules of Order. They will be challenged to create and implement their own fundraiser for Memories for Kids. Our Youth Advisory Board is also responsible for a wide variety of duties including assisting with mailings and other daily activities. The board will meet the first Wednesday of every month at 7:00 p.m.
Applications to join the Youth Advisory Board will be accepted beginning February 1, 2018. All application and reference forms are due no later than May 1, 2018.
The Youth Advisory Board has the following requirements:
- New board members agree to serve a two-year term. Board members in good standing may continue for a one-year term, not to exceed four total years.
- This Board will meet the first Wednesday of the every month at 7 p.m. Members are required to attend a minimum of six (6) board meeting a year.
- Members are asked to RSVP to each meeting. Any member with two (2) unexcused absences will be removed.
- Members are required to work on both fundraisers.
- Members are required to pay dues of $25 per year, due in August.
-If this poses a financial burden, please contact the Executive Director, Jennifer Peterson jennifer.peterson@
Youth Advisory Board Application
Memories For Kids is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit memory granting organization for children who have a parent with Stage IV cancer. We review each Youth Advisory Board Member application and chose candidates who best align with our goals and mission.
- You must be a student currently enrolled in high school in the Omaha Metro area.
- You must be entering your Freshman, Sophomore or Junior year for the 2018-19 school year.
- You must be in good standing at your school and maintain at least a 2.5 GPA.
- You must have a personal reference. May be a family friend, employer, etc. No family members. Reference Form
- You must have a reference from teacher or counselor at your current school. Reference Form