Join the MFK Team!
Memories for Kids is looking for an Executive Director to lead our organization and share our mission with the broader community.
Memories for Kids is looking for an Executive Director to lead our organization and share our mission with the broader community. This person will be responsible for promotion of our mission, fundraising and management of the organization. This part-time position will have a variable schedule averaging 20 hours per week. Salary range is $27 – $47 per hour. Interested in this unique and meaningful opportunity?
Please forward your resume to Ann Christiansen, MFK Board President, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Executive Director is responsible for the successful leadership and oversight of the Memories for Kids organization at the direction of the Governing Board. This part-time hourly position will have a variable schedule based on the needs of the organization with an average of 20 hours per week, with more hours concentrated in the months of March-May and September-December. The position offices out of their home and must have a secure Wi-Fi connection.
Primary Job Responsibilities:
- Responsible for the successful leadership, fundraising, and management of the organization according to the strategic direction set by the Board of Directors.
- Ensure ongoing program excellence and consistent quality of finance, administration, fundraising, communications, and electronic systems.
- Facilitate the creation of a strategic plan in conjunction with the Board of Directors.
- Create timelines and establish resources needed to achieve the strategic goals in conjunction with Board committees.
- Develop and expand revenue and fundraising events and activities to include donor cultivation.
- Research and effectively pursue appropriate grant opportunities as well as reporting and follow up as required by the grantor.
- Assist the Board President with preparation for all Board meetings, events, and board activities.
- Actively engage and energize MFK volunteers, board members, event committees, families, partnering organizations, and donors.
- Assist the board president to develop and maintain an effective working Board.
- Seek and build Board involvement with strategic direction for ongoing operations.
- Serve as leader, mentor, trainer and supervisor for staff and contractors.
- Oversee all facets of the family memory creation process.
- Promote family nomination process with oncologists, nurses, social workers and other referring entities.
- Create and deliver presentations to hospitals, physicians, nurses, social workers, staff and other referring entities.
- Develop new and innovative ways to improve our memory creation processes.
- Oversee and coordinate management and reconciliation of daily and monthly financials; bi-monthly payroll; budgeting, reporting and payables for organization. Provide monthly and quarterly financials to the Board of Directors.
- Provide information needed to CPA for 990 tax preparation and filing.
- Serve as ex-officio member of each Board committee.
- Attend all Board and staff meetings
- Previous fundraising and event planning required. Grant writing experience is a plus.
- Strong verbal communication and interpersonal skills, able to enthusiastically and professionally present in large and small groups to donors, medical community, Board, volunteers and other community members.
- Strong written communication skills.
- Understanding of bookkeeping practices and financial analysis concepts (Quickbooks experience is a plus).
- An understanding of marketing and promotion concepts, previous experience a plus.
- Excellent skills in Microsoft Office, especially Word and Excel (Power Point is a plus), Google Drive and database.
- Must be able to work independently as well as collaboratively with others.
- Proven ability to meet regular deadlines.
- Self-motivated, well organized and detail oriented.
- Must maintain professionalism and confidentiality when managing information.